About us

Environmental Protection

We are aware of our responsibility regarding our environment and operate accordingly to protect nature and the sustainability of our resources.

The most important environmental aspects at a glance:

  • Consistent avoidance of waste and recycling of recyclable materials including collection and appropriate disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment.                            
  • Use of modern communications media to reduce the need for travel.                         
  • IT server operated solely by means of green hydroelectric power.                               
  • Fleet of modern and low-emission vehicles.                                                             
  • Use of environmentally-friendly materials in manufacturing SCHMITZ products.             
  • Environmentally-friendly production processes, e.g. 

    • SCHMITZ insists upon a powder coating, since this removes the need for solvents and pigments containing heavy metals. Up to 98.5% of the material is used. Thanks to mechanical recovery systems, the remaining 1.5% is retained within a closed system as "overspray". Filtered fats and solids are disposed of in an environmentally sound manner. 
    • Heat generated by the process is used for heating the building and water.                

  • Environmentally-friendly packing materials and disposal of packaging in accordance with the German Closed Substance Cycle Waste Management Act (Kreislaufwirtschaftsgesetz). Within this company, any packaging used for transportation is then subjected to substance recycling in accordance with the packaging ordinance. 
  • Furthermore, through our participation in a system and the licensing of our sales packaging, we also provide our customers with the opportunity to dispose of the sales packing free of charge in the relevant containers (e.g. "yellow bin").
  • The comprehensive renovation of our buildings has resulted in demonstrable reductions in energy use for gas and electricity, e.g. through the use of roof insulation and thermal insulation throughout the company.
×

Can we help you?

Contact

We will be happy to provide you with further information about us and our products.